Monday, July 19, 2010

Casio Pathfinder PAG40-5V review is up

The initial review of the Casio Pathfinder PAG40-5V is up at 8541 Tactical. I have been wearing this watch for a week now. With mixed patrol, off-duty and one entry (warrant service) it appears to be a great watch. It does what I need and doesn't get in the way. For the regular day to day stuff like taking reports and writing tickets all the info I need is displayed on the main screen with no need to push buttons. At a glance I get time, date and day. It may come as a shock to many but the day feature is incredibly useful to me. For folks who work a regular Monday through Friday work week, keeping track of the day is not difficult. I know it wasn't when I had that kind of job. However when you work a job that rotates days off OR where you may have non-standard sleep cycles (like our military folks) keeping track of the day can get a little difficult.

The Pathfinder has some great features like Altimeter and Barometer. These are very useful for precision long range shooters who need to make ballistic calculations. The Compass could be very useful for backup duties, although I am still not advanced enough to trust an electronic compass over my tried and true lensatic.

The one feature the Pathfinder PAG40-5V seems to lack is a countdown timer. That could be very useful for shooting drills where you need an audible signal to remind you your time limit is up.

Overall I am pretty pleased with this watch. I will continue to update the review on the main site as I get some more time with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment